Dong Khanh Tomb – Hue
Dong Khanh tomb is located on the land of Cu Si hamlet, now Thuong Hai village, Thuy Xuan commune, Hue city. The tomb was built in 1917. The whole architecture of the tomb are divided:
The worship temple, in general, the constructions still bear the traditional figures: house with multi succeeding roofs. In the main temple and its dependent houses, the familiar splendid red and gilt pillars with decoration of four seasons and four Holly animals are still seen. Most noteworthy is Ngung Hy temple – the best conserved place of famous red and gilt arts, of famous lacquer arts of Vietnam.
The tomb area: the tomb design was almost completely Europeanized from the architectural peculiarity, decorative model to building materials – Bi Dinh is a variation of Romance architecture blended with Asian architecture with tall, thin mandarin statues from cement and bricks (instead of stone), tile and carreau bricks. In general, Dong Khanh tomb was beginning of the mixture of European and Asian, of the old and new architecture.