Festival brings Vietnamese culture to international friends
The Vietnamese culture is the focal point at a festival which was held in Potsdam, Germany’s Brandenburg state, on August 4.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Vietnamese Ambassador to Germany Nguyen Thi Hoang Anh thanked the authorities of Brandenburg state and Potsdam city for creating conditions for Vietnam to introduce its culture to German and international friends.
Representatives of Brandenburg state and Potsdam city spoke highly of the Vietnamese community’s integration and contribution to the economic development and cultural diversity in the host country.
Themed “Vietnam – A Country of Dragons”, the festival depicts Vietnamese culture in various forms such as performances of dragon dance, music played on traditional musical instrument like monochords, 16-chord zithers and flutes, and folk singing including Quan ho (love duet) and Cheo (popular opera). One hundred Vietnamese wearing traditional costumes joined a procession telling the legend of the nation’s ancestors – Lac Long Quan (a dragon) and Au Co (a fairy).
Apart from arts performances, a two-week exhibition showcasing 30 Zen poems from the Ly and Tran dynasties is also held along with booths displaying Vietnamese traditional handicrafts and foods.
The event is jointly organised by the Thang Long Business Association, the Vietnamese Business Association in Germany and the Friends of Friendship Island Association.
- Top ten Vietnam tourist attractions seen by Touropia
- Hanoi ranked second cheapest city for travellers
- Hanoi craft village tourism festival opens
- Hanoi Water Puppetry Theatre gets Asian record
- Ngoc Son Temple proposed as national special relic
- Hue moves to attract more tourists
- Sa Pa town celebrates 110th anniversary
- Vietnam Airlines Announces 2013 Autumn Promotion
- Mong village becomes latest tourist destination in Sapa
- Bac Ninh launching tourism stimulus program 2013
- Vietnam province opens world’s largest cave to tourists
- Danang prepares tourism stimulus programme