Thieu Tri Tomb – Hue
Thieu Tri’s tomb lies in Chu Chanh village, Thuy Bang commune, Huong Thuy district, about 8km from the city. The tomb was built in 1849 and divided into two parts: the tomb area and temple area. The tomb area: on the right with Nhuan Trach Lake is the bronze gate leading to big Binh Dai. The two rows of stone statues on the left and right of the court are typical for the sculpture in the first half of 19th century in Hue. Ngung Thuy Lake looks like a crescent moon barring in front of Buu Thanh.
The temple area: after passing the marble gate and another three steps leading to Bieu Duc temple, tourists will go through Hong Trach gate. In the main temple there engraved over 450 word boxes including poems with education and literature values.
Thieu Tri’s tomb lies there with simple and intimate beauty, leans its back against the foot of Thuan Dao mount, in front of the tomb stretches flat land with lushly green trees and rice-fields from the Huong River’s bank up to Lim Bridge.